We are a women & children's consignment boutique
We accept women and children’s clothing, accessories, maternity, children’s toys and small houseware items. Our consignment fee is 50% of the selling price.
- Please call Monday morning at 10:00 am to schedule an appointment for your initial drop off! Hand-Me-Up’s has a limited number of appointments available each week so don’t be discouraged if you don’t get an appointment for that week, please try again the following Monday. Appointments are necessary when bringing merchandise for the first time only. We ask that you limit drop off items to 20 pieces or less.
- Clothing dropped off will be checked in the order it is received and a list of the items will be waiting for you with your returns, if there are any.
- All merchandise on consignment is kept for a total of 8 weeks and is marked ½ price after the first six weeks. If you wish to retrieve your unsold items, please come in before the 8 weeks are up. You will be given an inventory sheet and be required to locate your items. (Allow plenty of time to look through racks.) Please be aware: Hand-Me-Up’s is not responsible for lost items.
- Holiday items will be marked down immediately after the holiday no matter when they were dropped off. Other items might be marked down prior to 6 weeks if management sees fit.
- Clothing not picked up after 8 weeks will be donated to charities.
- Accounts with more than $25 balance at the end of the month will be mailed a check.
- We rely on past experience and current selling trends to determine what will be accepted. We are very selective, accepting clothing that are current styles, name brands and purchased within the last two years. Please do not be offended if we do not accept some of your items.
- Hand Me Up’s will not accept the following brands:
- Faded Glory
- No Boundaries
- Wonder Kids
- Rue 213
- All clothing must be freshly laundered and pressed or dry-cleaned.
- All clothing must be neatly folded in a basket or box". No plastic garbage or grocery bags please. The more time you take in preparing your things for consignment, the more successful Hand-Me-Up’s will be selling your items.
- No stained or damaged clothing will be accepted! Items with smoky or mothball odors will not be accepted. Our store lighting may reveal spots and stains you did not see at home. Please check all items closely before you bring them in.
- Clothing is taken seasonally:
- Spring: February 1st – March 31st
- Summer: April 8th – July 9th
*Change of Inventory/No Drop-Off's - July 10 - 17
- Fall: July 18th – September 30th
*Change of Inventory/No Drop-Off's - October 1 - 7
- Winter: October 8th – January 22nd
*Change of Inventory/No Drop-Off's - January 23rd - January 31st
Hand-Me-Up’s will not accept the following items:
- No Baby Cribs
- No Car Seats
- No Children’s Metal Jewelry
- No Recalled Products
- No Boxed Games
- No Wedding Dresses
- No Bridesmaid Dresses
- No Garage Sale Rejects
- No Consignment Sale Rejects
- No Stuffed Animals (popular characters accepted)
- No Opened Box Puzzles
Thank you for your continued patronage!